Parents are permitted to park in the Visitor spaces in the parking lot in front of the school, on Bowron Road, and in the Boys’ and Girls’ Club parking lot adjacent to the school. The Staff Parking lot is for teachers and staff only. Unattended vehicles parked in yellow zones will receive a parking citation. There is no parking allowed in the red zones at any time.
PARKING LOT ETIQUETTE
- Please drive slowly.
- Follow the Golden Rule with other drivers and staff members. Remember that you are not the only one in a hurry.
- Please do NOT get out of the car to assist or escort your child.
- Pull up close to the car in front of you.
- Please refrain from using cell phones while driving in the parking lot.
- Busses have priority. Please be cognizant of their presence and try to make their entrance and exit as easy as possible.
PARKING IN THE PARKING LOT
- Please do not park in the reserved spaces.
- Park in one of the parking spaces, not in the traffic flow area at any time of the day.
- If you park in the red zone or in the handicapped parking and leave your vehicle, you are likely to be ticketed by the Poway Sherriff's Department.
- Bicycle riding is allowed for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students. Permission slips are available in the office.
- Bicyclists are required to wear a safety helmet.
- Bicycles must be walked on school grounds. School grounds include, but are not limited to Bowron Road from Civic Center Drive to the end of the parking lot, all sidewalks, and hallways.
- Bicycle riders need to ride in a safe manner. Privileges will be revoked from anyone who is not riding safely to and from school.
- Skateboards, motorized scooters, roller blades, and wheeled-shoes are not permitted as a means of traveling on campus.
School SafetyPlease follow this Safe Drop Off link and review the process for a safe student drop off in the morning.
We have observed a couple of close calls during the drop off or pick up of our Valley Students. We are asking that everyone please review the process in place and follow those guidelines when dropping their child or children off in the morning.